Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Death to the Michelin Man

So here I am, not spending, and maintaining happily....and daggone if I don't casually drop my car off at the dealership to get the Maintenance Required light turned off, and I get SMACKED with a $1300 bill!
Okay...I'm breathing...let me start from the beginning. I just put about $1100 into my car no more than 6 months ago, and I was told that it was for early maintenance and the light wouldn't come on. So...I'm thinking this is just a matter of switching off the light. Lo & behold, my car needs service at 30,000 miles and 40,000 miles. So, the maintenance required was truly required. AND on top of that I needed new tires...which my car happens to have top of the line Michelin's according to the dealer. And he's right, I didn't find them anywhere for under $200 each. (squirming). As soon as I buckle down and get it together, I get hit with this. I don't even drive my car everyday, I METRO!!! And my car is only a 2005 with 39,000 miles on it. How and why is it costing me this much money?!!!!
I digress, I'll continue to stay motivated in spite of that goal buster. Life happens and I'll keep failing forward.

No comments: