Wednesday, November 12, 2008

YAY to Unplugging!!!

I am happy to report that my roommate & I committed to unplugging everything that doesn't require electricity while away from our home and my electricity bill went from, drumroll please....$64.22 to $34.89!!!

I do realize that some of this may be due to the fact that the heat is now on, but it's been on since we received our last electricity bill. I'd also like to compare this electricity bill to the one from October of last year. However, I'm not sure Dominion's eBilling is that savvy. I'm sorry Dominion...I stand corrected (blushing). Our electricity at this time last year was $46.22, so it did go down...and we didnt' even unplug for an entire month.

Anyway, savings is savings...and I'll happily take my $29.33, divided by 2, thus $14.67 all the way to the bank! YES! I'll let you know how it goes next month.

No comments: