Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Saving Tidbits

I was watching Oprah about a week or so ago, and guests were sharing ways that they saved money. One guest in particular had a very easy tip that's easy to implement. Unplug. When she left her house, she started unplugged devices, and in the first month of doing so her energy bill went from $268, to $91!!!! That's a lot of money for a fairly easy task! Just unplug it! Oh, and when the guest really started unplugged everything, her bill went all the way down to...brace yourself...$60!!! Also, interestingly enough, as I exited the Metro this week, I noticed an energy campaign on the billboards. One of the billboards has a woman saying, "I'll unplug more stuff." So...there you have it, unplug it to save. Yes, it's annoying at first, but I'd love to have that extra money every month and be green at the same time!

And one more tip for all of the shoppers (like me) out there. I found this great website called Sale Habit that features only sale items from various internet sites. The best part is that everythings on sale, so it's pratically guilt free! There are thousands of items on the website, so I recommend searching for what you want. If you know exactly what you're looking for, this site is an excellent resource to see where you can find it! Not really "Money Saving" I suppose, but if you already planning on spending the money, why not get it on sale?! (wink, wink). Happy Shopping.

2 comments:

E. "Bluntastic" Pizzler, the Fourth said...

Too bad I don't pay electric! LOL...

PYT said...

HAHA...yes, I guess unplugging it doesn't really matter IF you don't pay electricity. BUT it's still a great way to SAVE ENERGY and be greener. :-)