Tuesday, March 3, 2009

How I Did

I committed to following everything that I swiped my debit card for in February, and I'm happy to report I succeeded!! YAYY!!!! Now, on to the dreaded task of reporting how I spent, lol...

Food 295.67
Fees 3.5
Apt Bills 173.69
Gifts 104.84
Credit Card 200
Rent 1003.48
Clothes 214.49
Personal Grooming 159.49
Gas 45.76
Personal Items 55.83
Entertainment 213.5
Business 49.86
Cell Phone 82.81
Computer Software 84.9
GLI 50
Dior 13
$2,750.82

YIKES!!! That bottom like is ultra scary. I will add some brief notes to the totals...the gifts section came from Valentine's Day and I set a goal of no more than $100, which I exceeded by a mere $4.84 so I'm pleased with that. My clothes are higher than expected, I did have two purchases that I had previously made at Express & Piperlime that were due this month, so these were factored into what I spent. Normally, I'd say I spend about $100/month on clothes. My personal grooming was higher than normal because I had to get my hair done, which is an expense I'm really trying to cut back on by learning to better take care of my own hair. Entertainment was definitely higher than ususal because I went on a ski trip with boyfriend, and it cost me $92 to participate. I also signed up for tennis classes, which were $86, so that isn't a traditional monthly expense, although I plan to re-enroll at the conclusion of the class. I had to purchase virus software for my computer to keep it protected, so I purchased two years to avoid having the added expense next year. So that's very unusual. All-in-all, I spent WAY more than I would've EVER anticipated. This will definitely make me think twice this month before swiping my debit card for any old thing! And the funny part is that even though I had non-traditional expenses come up this month, don't they always come up? I mean every month there will be an unexpected expense...like this month, I have a birthday and most likely another hair appointment. It makes me sick to think about it...lol