Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March Goals

For February, I give myself a pat on the back. Not a huge pat, just a pat...but a pat nonetheless. Here are my goals, and here's how I did:
  1. Don't overspend. Valentine's Day is this month and while I LOVE to shower boyfriend with gifts...I shall refrain. I think we (boyfriend & I) should pledge to spend $100 MAX for V-Day. Our love is solid, I don't need material things to solidify anything. Ehhh, so-so. I could've definitely spent less, but I don't feel that I overspent. I didn't incur any debt.I'll try to do better again this month.
  2. Put all extra money towards my credit card. The tax refund is looking pretty solid right now, so hopefully I can knock out my credit card (for the 3rd or 4th time, I'm losing track at this point.) FAIL. I didn't do it...period. I spent most of the extra money I had. Of course, I haven't thought about moving any extra money yet, so I technically still can...I plan on paying off the good old Chase credit card with my tax refund. Again, I'll keep striving this month.
  3. Track what I spend. Every single penny, nickel and dime. PASS! I tracked everything that I spent in the month of February and I was definitely SHOCKED at the outcome. So I think the exercise was well worth it.

Now it's time to set some goals for March. Sidenote: This is my birthday month!!!

  1. Don't overspend. Period, point blank, self explanatory.
  2. Put all extra money toward credit card. Including my tax refund! This is going to be painful, but I know I can do it. If I was a good girl before, then I'd have extra money to shop for Spring. But alas, I wasn't a good girl, and I swiped Mr. Chase, so I have to pay him back! Next year, I'll smile as I burn up the mall for some Spring clothing.
  3. I can't think of a heartfelt goal to put here. So I'll go with DO YOUR BEST. I can do a better job at hitting these goals than I've been doing. So this month, I'll really aim to hit the mark on them. Isn't it funny that we free up extra money in order to do other things and we end up spending it, but not for what we intended? Ughh, I've gotta do better. Lord, please give me some gut-wrenching determination!

No comments: