Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas to ME...oh, and YOU too!

After a brief visit to the mall Thursday evening, I began to become a little worried about the status of my Christmas shopping. 1) I'd mostly shopped for myself up to that point and 2) Christmas was a week away. So I woke up early Saturday and trodded to the mall. I got there at 9:15am, and the mall had only been open for 15 minutes. I was delighted to find barely anyone who was brave enough to soldier the cold and leave their warm bed. My trip ended up being well worth it, here's what I got:

  • Bebe had all of their tops for $29...so I got my sister, who's a college student, two tops and a dress for $120! And those points are added to my reward card, not to mention...I saved about $110 off the retail prices! YAHOO! Deal #1 and I was on a roll from then on!

  • I got my mom a beautiful sweater to match the gold slouchy boots that boyfriend and I bought her in Chicago (she's going to be soo fabulous!), a cardigan/shirt matching combo to wear to work, and two pairs of socks that fit her personality...all for 50% off in NY&Co, that was a total of $63.26. I'm too good...my confidence is building! On to the next store...

  • In the Icing, I managed to spend $65.23 on jewelry for every one of the outfits I got my sister (I got six). YES...I know, it sucks. I was like "isn't everything buy one, get one?" Imagine my amazement when she told me only the earrings were...PSHHH!! Whatever lady...and when did earrings in these stores get as high as $14 a pair?!Good grief...ok, the Icing stuck it to me. But I solidered on...happy with my purchase since everything matched perfectly.

  • Next, I browsed H&M and Claire's for cheaper jewelry so I could return the expensiveness to the Icing. I found a bracelet in H&M for $6.90 and another bracelet in Claire's for $8.50, both of which didn't replace anything I'd previously purchased but still matched wonderfully, so I'm still happy.

  • Next, I sauntered into Steve Madden to be handed a scratch off (now, boyfriend and I got one of these in Chicago and I didn't do well) and imagine my amazement when I got 40%!!! OH HELL YES!!! 40%!!!I searched frantically for something to purchase, I called sister & mom, and neither one of them could think of anything...so I bravely decided to splurge on the grey boots I'd seen in Chicago. These boots originally were $269.95, marked down to $209.95 and I got 40% off that...bringing them to $125.97, AND...here's the KICKER, I had a store credit for $104.xx, which I applied bringing my grand total to $27.xx!!! TAKE THAT STEVE MADDEN!! HAHAHAHA!!! A GRAND HOLIDAY STEAL for me! Here's my winners...[image source]
  • The next day, boyfriend and I came back...and oh boy...I'm not even going to bore you with the details...but we stuck it to Urban Outfitters. I'd been wanting this dress that I saw in the summer catalog and it was $58, and I was NOT going to pay that...heck no. I found it...in TWO colors, for $4.99 each!! And I got a cute v-neck tee for $9.99! Boyfriend got some great grey pants...and I can't remember what else...but our grand total was $56, less than the original purchase price of ONE dress...we left out smiling ear to ear!

  • The lines in Brookstone were horrid...but we ended up finding a perfect gift for my dad...two of them for $50...so that's $25 a piece! YES!!!
  • Then...my last YES moment came yesterday when I got an email from Arden B, saying that they had a $9.99 sale. I go online to see these suede grey & dark red mary janes for $59.99 and an additional 70% off! hmm...let's say it together, $17.99!!! This was TOO good to be true! And I have $60 worth of rewards in there to use...however when I added them to my cart, the additional 70% didn't come off. So I call customer service...and she informs me that it's an error and she'll personally take it off later. I couldn't use my rewards (sad face) but I did score a cutesy pair of mary janes that are adorable for under $20...and I already got my credit back...plus I qualified for $10 next day shipping...which means, I'll have them by Christmas (cue the cheers). Here they are... [image source]


And I think that's all...oh...the shoes are no longer an additional 70% off...interesting, right. Yeah I thought so too.

Merry Christmas Fabulous Ones!!!

2 comments:

E. "Bluntastic" Pizzler, the Fourth said...

Umm - yes! your Christmas shopping was TRULY fabulous!!! I'm going to do a Christmas Club next year and be as fabulous as you are! That's my main deal :)

Next year....next year!

Good job, I'm proud!

Joan's Heart said...

You did get some great deals! Congrats.