Friday, December 5, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree?


I LOVE the holidays…I mean absolutely love them. People are in such great moods, there’s delicious food, and most importantly quality time with family & friends. However…as many of you know, I had a slight shopping problem. I can usually harness it, but when placed in the middle of insane holiday sales with a bank account full of Christmas funds…it becomes an all out war. A war between my now money-conscious self and my old shopaholic self. When I buy something for someone else, I typically purchase something for myself as well. I know, it’s terrible…but I just cannot seem to help it. They’re incredible deals. The hardest part is for my sister, because we shop at the same stores, so when there’s a great deal…I’m all over it. I called my mom last night and the conversation went like this:




Me: mom, I bought way too much for myself while Christmas shopping

Mom: WHY?! Didn’t you do the same thing last year?

Me: Yes…I know, and yes I did. It’s just so hard because of the great deals and all of the items are work wearable.

Mom: What did you buy?

Me: Slacks, shoes, sweaters…whenever I buy three things for [sister], I buy two for myself…so, I was thinking about just asking for money

Mom: That’s fine, get what you want…if you want to bring it home so I can wrap it, that’s fine, if not, just know that you won’t have as much to open because you’ve already bought yourself a lot.



So I definitely breathed a silent sigh of relief after this…I mean, from this point forward, I just have to buckle down and finish shopping for boyfriend, mom, and start shopping for dad. I just hope when I add up what I spent, I’m not sorry…for Christ’s sake!!! I have to get it together. I kept telling myself that I’d do it differently this year and put my Christmas funds on a prepaid debit card (which is a fabulous idea, if you haven’t started shopping yet). But December and the sales just snuck up on me without any warning at all! Ughhh…I have GOT to do better….I HAVE GOT TO DO BETTER…I WILL DO BETTER, I WILL. Next year…and for the rest of the Christmas season, I will NOT purchase anything for myself while shopping for others. There! I said it, I wrote typed it…so now I’m accountable. I’m going to finish the rest of my Christmas shopping with the funds I have left and not purchase anything else for myself…after all, that’s not what the season is about even if I did save all year so I could shop…lol. Updates coming…

No comments: