Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Personal Hiatus

Today during a very interesting gchat with boyfriend or Mr. Man as I sometimes refer to him, I realized that often I've set goals for myself and haven't followed through with them. Boyfriend is very good at setting goals and checking back on his goals...so...he suggested that I take a personal hiatus once a month to set goals, short and long term, follow up on goals from the previous month, and do major things related to personal finance. Now you see why I love him so much, he's a genius. I set goals during August, and much to my chagrin, I didn't follow up on them. So perhaps this would be a great monthly exercise for me and it would help me to stay on the grind continually.

On a monthly basis, I will now have a personal hiatus (with boyfriend, but separately). This way I can set, follow up, and maintain my goals. As well as, know his goals and we can both help one another as far as accountability is concerned. I'm so excited! I wonder when we'll start? Perhaps January...isn't that the time EVERYONE starts new goals and projects? (That was a rhetorical question.)

Maybe I can label them Personal Hiatus...doesn't that sound intriguing?! Like hmm, how classy, what's she up to?! Yep, the Personal Hiatus it is...a star is born. And more importantly, a great habit.

No comments: