Wednesday, August 6, 2008

And so the grind begins...

Where to start...How about with the fact that it's my boyfriend's birthday this weekend and I've spent...hmmm about $700 on potential outfits. Not to mention the pair of BCBG peep toes that I just HAD to have, they were on sale for $46.20 down from $110...A STEAL! Or the two shirts from Bebe, 65% off of one that was $20.99 or the one on special for $29. Then there's the Bebe trench coat, again 65% off down to $35 from $129!! These were purchases I just couldn't pass up!!!!

Then there is the aforementioned topic of my boyfriend's birthday, for which I was "shopping" in the first place. For that occasion, I picked up four dresses, I'm taking at least two of them back! Let's see one was 65% off, and just too cute to pass up, at $42 a SERIOUS steal! And then the other three...not on sale, but tax free! They were $79, $79, and $129. Then I had to have the proper shoes (black patent leather with a SKY HIGH heel to be exact) so I purchased one pair in Aldo, clearance for $40 and another pair of BCBG that are PERFECT and oh so sexy for....errrr....$95. I know, I know...ridiculous, but they're perfect for my dress (if I wear that one) and I'll get TONS of wear out of them. It's not like they're melon pink or something. These are everyday black shoes.

Then there is also the thought that I have to get boyfriend a birthday gift, so that just ADDS to the never ending costs of this occasion. So...I started thinking, perhaps I should get back on my "Dave Ramsey" kick, believe it or not at one point I was SERIOUSLY committed to DR's principles. And what better way to become more financially responsible than to write a blog about it?! Everyone writes them, and I could certainly benefit from having to write my progress/thoughts even if no one reads them. I can tie emotions to impulse purchases, or not, and seriously have a grip on how much I'm spending on frivolous things (I'm sure more than I'd EVER be willing to admit).

So...here we are! Now, let me say this...I make excellent money, like seriously, one credit card balance, a car loan, and rent that's sky high. All of which are up to date and taken care of, but I still spend money where I shouldn't be...I'd MUCH rather be saving for a house or my wedding (which did I mention...I'm not even engaged, but they're still expensive) or just putting money aside to capitalize on the wonders of compounding interest! So hopefully this blog will help me do just that. Ready? Here we go... or is it Here we go!

1 comment:

E. "Bluntastic" Pizzler, the Fourth said...

BA HA HA HA!!

Oh Prissy...
this blog is JUST that :)

You can do it - well-heeled and on a mission, LOL.