Thursday, August 7, 2008

First go at the grind

Okay...I did it!!! YAYYY!!! I did my budget through the end of the year. The hardest part will be actually tracking what I spend and sticking with what I've outlined for myself.

So that's one goal that I can cross off of the list, now I just have to track and commit to the budget (or death as I sometimes like to call it.)

So here's another random tidbit...I also realized that I snagged another STEAL while in the mall the other night. A seersucker suit...for a mere $87! The pants are a classic fit with a cuff and the suit jacket is also adorable, well made and has a split in the back of it. Ahhh, fashion finds make me feel soo good. But....after doing some soul searching, perhaps I have to take her back. I was in the mall looking for a dress for boyfriend's birthday party, not a seersucker suit, and even though it was a steal, it's still an impulse buy. Grrrr, this may be the end of my seersucker suit. I had already pictured her (the suit) with a nice crisp white shirt and some bright peep toes. Then separately of course they'd be adorable as well...only I hadn't gotten that far in my planning.

THEN last night...went shopping with my SPBFF and I believe I found the PERFECT dress for boyfriend's birthday. She (the dress) was $135 and hot pink....ssssss! I also found the perfect clutch to go with it and with the dress purchase, it was $10.50!!! Happiness. Then we were off to shoe hunt. I'm going for this kinda Hollyweird look that's very trendy so some people will love and others will hate, but that's cool with me. Anyway...so now that I have my dress (it needs hemming, which I'm going to attempt to do to save $$...YES!!!) I can return the hmmm 3 others. One of them I have to keep since it was on clearance, but it's my favorite and I bought it knowing that it was a keeper regardless. So the other three and the shoes that were to accompany them are headed back to the store. YAYYYY!!! I think adding up my returns will make me happy...I don't have exact amounts but I'm going to guesstimate:
  • BCBG Black Patent Peep Toes (these gals were KILLER) $95
  • Blue Satin Dress from Dillard's (yes...Dillard's!) $79
  • Bebe Two Tone Shirt (it was a dress for me...I'm short, not hoochie) $79
  • Bebe Purple Dress $129
  • Carlos Santana Leopard Peep Toes $89
  • Aldo Black Patent Leather Pumps (they were a STEAL, but I've gotta give em up) $40
  • TOTAL (drum roll please...): $511!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH!! How did that add up so fast, seriously. Man...I'm glad I committed to taking this stuff back. Thank you very much Mr. Merchant, but I'd rather have my money for hmm, saving! Oh and just for kicks, let's throw Mr. Seersucker back in there too, that's $598! Yep...I think I just convinced myself that he's going back too. See ya, sucker. If you go on sale further, perhaps I'll come back and consider you at a later date. Then I can store you in my closet for next summer. You were awfully cute...but I'm gonna say no.

1 comment:

E. "Bluntastic" Pizzler, the Fourth said...

You're soo silly and so prissy - even in your blog! HA HA

Oh SPBFF, I'm so proud of you! Take those blasted dresses back and even Mr. Searsucker and get your money back!!!

We can do it!
This shopping thing, spending money thing, all of these green things are a curse - but we will not get got by the "love of money" - as the temptations say.

"Do thangs, do thangs, do thangs, bad thangs wit it...for the love of money!"

We will triumph over the MEAN GREE
EN!!!