Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Death by Budget

This budget is going to be the death of me...I'm telling you. This thing is tough, not to mention the fact that I'm trying to eat on a minimalist grocery budget. I suppose the first step to actually conquering the skill of budgeting is to track your expenses, so I'm being conscious of every penny I've spent since Friday.

Let's see:
  • $30 ATM withdrawal (went to a tip for the bartender at boyfriend's birthday & pizza Sunday)
  • $30 Gas for boyfriend's car when I drove it to Towson
  • $3.17 McDonalds breakfast and medium coffee
  • $33.15 Washington Gas bill (of which my roommate owes me $3 or so...should I get it back?)

Not too shabby...But that's also about $100 in a weekend...YIKES! Money sure does disappear quickly. Barf!

Still no update on the grocery budget, I stayed with boyfriend and he bought dinner. YAY! I also saved $3.35 in Metro fare because he came and got me from work. YAY again for fabulous boyfriend, he's the best ever. So that leaves groceries for Wed-Mon on $25, yeah, I think I can swing that. Especially since I still have some random tidbits of food left at my apartment, that I have yet to eat. I guess this is what Dave Ramsey means by a "beans and hotdog" diet. I think that's what he uses...I know he says beans.

This week is restaurant week in DC, so I already know I'll be spending at least $30 for dinner because I have reservations with friends. That's not too bad...but no more! Unless I go with boyfriend, in which case, he'll pay (hehe). So that's another $30 that I'm already committing to spend. So I've spent about $130 up to this point and a week and a half to go!!

This thing is busted already :-/

1 comment:

E. "Bluntastic" Pizzler, the Fourth said...

don't be sad little SPBFF....at least you're in the right mindset.
AND according to Dave Ramsey, it takes 3 months to get it right - cut yourself a bit of slack :)